Introductions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 27 22:04:56 PDT 2000

While we're at the nickname thing, I started IRC'ing in first year of
College, so that would be september of 1998. I'm not sure what nick I startd
using, it was probably something unimaginative as "Surfer" (as in
web-surfer). Then some guy started leaving channels thinking I wasn't able to
follow him (i wasn't that kind of irc newbie as he took me for) so I started
following. In the middle of this cat&mouse game I changed my nick, for fun,
to Chaser. I've used it ever since, right up to 3 months ago it was my
username on my Linux systems and the name of my computer. Not sure when but I
started getting tired of the nick after nearly 2.5 years so I changed my
login name on Linux systems to 'gerard' and renamed my systems to characters
from "The Lord of the Rings" book (gwaihir is my home-pc so to say, shadowfax
is that was powers linuxfromscratch.org and my notebook, before it died, was
called Hasufel).

In case anybody wonders about IRC and how addictive it can be: Yes, it can be
very addictive. During my college days I spend most of my day on IRC (besides
the regular chit-chats I frequented help channels and starting helping out.
I've always had a passion to help people). So it was to no suprise that I met
somebody on IRC from the opposite gender. After a year talking to here I
started calling her on the phone even went all the way from Holland to Canada
during Christmas of 1999 to visit her. Her maiden name is Beverly Pichler.
Her current name is Mrs. Beverly Beekmans aka my beloved wife.

IRC romance works, I'm the living proof ;)

Ok so much for the muchy part. Want to know more about he-who-brings-you-LFS
drop me a line and I'll be happy to answer more personal stuff ;) (yeah right
as if anybody would care but hey gotto be your nice host and all that so the
offer's open)

Cya, time to get some sleep

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org