Static gcc compile prob

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 28 09:28:58 PDT 2000

On October 28, 2000 01:34 am, you wrote:
> Okay, call me picky, but is can I get a gcc there that's for the step
> I'm on? I'd rather skip as little as possible, so if I can just get the
> static GCC it would be great. Doesn't static GCC by definition mean it
> doesn't need any particular libc to use?

Yes, static GCC doesn't depend on libraries. And I also just realized that
the URL's I gave you yesterday aren't from a static build.

If you want I can build a static GCC for you on shadowfax, bzip2 it for you
to download. All you need to do it unpack the gcc-build directory and run
"make install" with the proper paramaters from the book on it.

Or you can install  a stable distro and do it yourself. Let me know what's
best for you

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org