Static gcc compile prob

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Oct 28 17:48:20 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 12:29:49PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> That's actually exactly what is going to happen. But in order to compile a
> new compiler inside chroot you need a compiler to start with. That would be
> the static gcc you create in chapter 5. You're going to need it, there's no
> way around it I'm afraid.

http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/archive/LFS-static_2.3.6_i386.tar.gz

Is everything you need to enter chroot, you could download that, unpack
it and chroot and your set. (btw i can unpack it in /ALFS if you want,
or like Ger mentioned you can just wait for a static GCC :)

Or.. i could make a static Gcc, shadowfax....would take a while for it
todo ('little 233/64MB going at it, compared to my beast :)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org