Bad link

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Oct 30 09:25:02 PST 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 07:21:33PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Not under the threat of torture would I switch to vi. Learning to use it
> properly is too complicated. The same applies to emacs, btw. Unless there
> are some dependencies to satisfy, neither vi nor emacs will ever touch my
> LFS system.

vim gets intalled on a standard LFS install ;) (and it's not hard, to
swap your editor with another one if one so whishes)

It's not too complicated (imho) i've seen editors that are far worse
(i'm not saying joe is bad, i just prefer vim or something similar)
I would encourage everyone to at least know how vi works... it's fairly
rare you don't find a UNIX system w/o it ;)
But not just that, don't limit yourself to one editor, learn pico, etc
always keep your options open.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org