error compiling bash-2.04

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Mon Oct 30 09:29:40 PST 2000

Hey, I'm new here on the list. Think it is a cool project. Hope to
contribute, blah, blah, blah . . .

I got pretty far with LFS this past summer before getting side-tracked with
more pressing tasks. This time I am not doing so well . . .

I have a fresh install of RedHat 6.2 (no patches applied) as a base for
this roll-yer-own thing on my development box. What I am getting is:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurses
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bash] Error 1

In the archive for this list I found an e-mail (Thu Oct 26 2000 - 11:55)
from Seth Payne dealing with this very issue.  I tried the "--with-ncurses"
but that led to more problems.

Gerard Beekmans' reply was to install the static C library files. Looking
in the /tmp/install.log I see:

Installing glibc-devel.

I am lost. Could/would someone please point out what I am missing?

Thank you,
I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org