uptime

Mr R A Mercer phuzv at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 08:16:15 PST 2000

I've thought I had a fully working lfs system so went about adding X
support.

So after compiling X I thought I'd see what my load average was so on
running uptime I got this error message

uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory

So with this error message I thought that the utmp file didn't exist, but
it did! So the next thing to check was the permissions it has permissions

-rw-r--r--

which I think is right?

Any one got any ideas?

Cheers

Adam

  4th Year Physics Undergraduate, University of Warwick, UK
        E-Mail: R.A.Mercer at warwick.ac.uk, adam at asystems.junglelink.co.uk

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org