Chap. 6 "Instaling Groff"

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Tue Oct 31 11:21:13 PST 2000

Hi:

Ran into an error running make for the groff install.

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/yacc: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [pic.cc] Error 126

The permissions on /usr/bin/yacc are -rw-r--r--. I am guessing that I need
an x in there somewhere. Would someone be so kind at to tell this greenhorn
what octal I should use to set this right? If this is in fact the problem
the book gave me no heads up that I needed to chmod the permissions on this
file. If I am barking at a mirage please point me at the real villian.

Thanks,
I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org