Partition Space

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Tue Oct 31 19:53:47 PST 2000

In Chapter 4 (../intel-2.4.2/ch04-creatingpart.html)

" . . . recommend a partition size of around 750 MB."

I made my initial partition 780 MB but ran out of space durning the
installation of glibc. I did a complete re-install of RH 6.2 on the box and
upped the LFS partition to 1.3 GB (the drive only has 2 gigs). Having done
this I find that I have to do considerable removal of files to keep a
comfortable amount of free disk space. I have left the /usr/src/linux
directory alone due to the symlinks to it. Are there other /usr/src
directories that I should have left alone as well? Other than the above
quote the book does not seem to touch on this issue. Did I miss the chapter
on file management of the /usr/src directory?

This has been gnawing at my last remaining brain cell while I wait for help
concerning the console-tools error I posted earlier.

Thank you,

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org