Unpacking Glibc-2.1.3 patch

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Sep 1 02:24:45 PDT 2000

+-Christian-(chris at wh2-227.st.uni-magdeburg.de)-[01.09.00 11:01]:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Jr. wrote:
>
> > I am using book version 2.4 and trying to apply the glibc-2.1.3 patch and get
> > the following error:
> >
> > [root at localhost glibc-2.1.3]# gunzip glibc-2.1.3.patch.gz
> >
> > gunzip: glibc-2.1.3.patch.gz: not in gzip format
> > [root at localhost glibc-2.1.3]#
>
> The problem is your Netscape you downloaded the patch with. It
> automatically gunzips the file. Rename it to glibc-2.1.3.patch and try
> again.

Actually it's not Netscape, but Apache-Configuration:

(from httpd.conf)
    #
    # AddEncoding allows you to have certain browsers (Mosaic/X 2.1+)
    # uncompress information on the fly. Note: Not all browsers
    # support this.
    # Despite the name similarity, the following Add* directives have
    # nothing to do with the FancyIndexing customization directives above.
    #
# changed, 20000419 - Balu: commented this crap!
    # AddEncoding x-compress Z
    # AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz

     Ba-gz-lu