localedef dependency

John Arrowwood John.Arrowwood at merant.com
Fri Sep 1 09:09:59 PDT 2000

Discovered this morning a small "bug" in the 2.4 book.  More of an
undocumented requirement:  after installing glibc, it says to run localedef
(or something like that) which wouldn't work properly on my system.  If it
works for others, it's probably because they had it to begin with.  But I'm
using RedHat 4.2 specifically to catch stuff like this.  I even tried
running it out of $LFS/usr/bin but it still didn't want to run.  I will put
it off until I get to the chroot section, at which time it SHOULD work...