Unpacking Glibc-2.1.3 patch

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Sep 1 09:32:42 PDT 2000

+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[01.09.00 16:27]:
> > # changed, 20000419 - Balu: commented this crap!
> >     # AddEncoding x-compress Z
> >     # AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
>
> Ok fixed. Now it's really a netscape problem: it won't download it, but
> rather views the *.gz and *.tar.gz files (like it does when you click on .bz2
> files, at least on my end). Before I changed this is asked me if I wanted to
> download the .tar.gz files. I don't think I'm liking that. I've enabled those
> AddEncoding things again. Stupid browsers. Perhaps I should read the Apache
> manual first.

I do it by right-clicking -> save link as, or by pressing shift while
clicking on those. I did never try it though - perhaps that can be done
by specifying a different "AddType application/octet-stream .gz" (no
AddEncoding).

I will not be able to try that before Monday - perhaps you want to test,
Gerard. Anyway - perhaps is "viewing" (which makes the user wonder and
perhaps take the right step) better than "downloading and modifying
without notice" (which makes the user wonder - when it's too late ;)

     Ba-I.have.no.idea.what.to.put.here.this.time-lu