more on required packages

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 1 16:28:40 PDT 2000

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> > Right now, the list of "universally required" packages (for compiling)
>   $LFS/bin# ln -s log-executable gcc

but how is gcc called than?
or does your log-executable script fire-up gcc in the end.
If not, then the installation doesn't go far and just dies.
If your log-executable starts gcc when it's requested, it should also start
'ls', 'mv', 'install', 'flex' and countless others. I see a long case
statement in that file. Or am I overseeing something.

www.linuxfromscratch.org