LFS, PCMCIA, and the ETHNET-SCRIPT

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Sat Sep 2 12:21:54 PDT 2000

Hi.

I'm running LFS 2.3.7 on my Laptop and have installed the latest
pcmcia-cs...

But everytime after boot my eth0 device was up and running without an
assigned ip-address and netmask.
I've tried to locate the error within the ethnet script but everything
seems all right.

Now - a *short* step before becomming totally frustated and giving up -
I've discovered that the card-services are totally ignoring the
ethnet-script and running their own network-script (well finally this
makes sense...)

I just got a short glance at the network-script of the pcmcia-cs, but it
is way bigger - it seems to check for bootp, f. ex.

Does anyone have experience with LFS and PCMCIA and can give me some
hints what to change to get the card running with the intentioned
IP-Address form the beginning? This would save me from reading through
the whole stuff...

Thanks,

     Torsten.