Bzip2 problem on M68K

Sat Sep 2 14:49:46 PDT 2000

Hello,

As the LFS'ers on IRC know, I am building an LFS on a Motorola 68030 with an MVME147 board and 8MB RAM.

To do the static compiles, it took 9 hours for binutils, 29 hours for GCC and 67 hours for GLIBC!

Anyway, I am now in the chroot, and have sucessfully compiled everything up to bzip2, with the exception of Bin86, but I think I have solved that now...

When I try and compile BZIP2, I get this:

bash-2.04#  make -f Makefile-libbz2_so
gcc -fpic -fPIC -Wall -Winline -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c blocksort.c
blocksort.o: Section has no contents
/tmp/ccmpikxc.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccmpikxc.s:2448: FATAL: Can't write blocksort.o: Section has no contents
make: *** [blocksort.o] Error 1

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : ian at ichilton.co.uk              |