Bad Binutils on m68k

Tue Sep 5 01:30:00 PDT 2000

Hello,

If you read the messages yesturday, you will know that I was having problems compiling on the m68k, as it kept hanging. I turned it off for a few hours to cool down, and restarted it, and it has survived the night, and finished binutils.

Unfortuntaly, it has built a faulty binutils again...

bash-2.04# gcc test.c
test.c: In function `main':
test.c:4: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
/tmp/ccybkIfG.o: Section has no contents
/tmp/ccbHb5nv.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccbHb5nv.s:21: FATAL: Can't write /tmp/ccybkIfG.o: Section has no contents

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

It has done it twice now!

I'll overwrite it with the static binutils again, and carry on, but if you have any idea what is going wrong, please let me know..

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ian at ichilton.co.uk  |
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  ian at ichilton.dhis.org      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Web Site      -->  http://www.ichilton.co.uk                   |
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |