Optimisation

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Tue Sep 5 06:48:22 PDT 2000

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> The main problem I have is that I am not familiar with exactly *what* may be causing the problem.  I was more or less asking if there are any
> packages that anyone KNOWS offhand doesn't work at such high optimisations.  I am really wanting everything possible to be optimised.  Is it
> possible to use optimisations when compiling glibc or should I compile it with the default -O2 (maybe -O3)

Shared bash can't be optimized higher than -O2 without segfaulting. I've tested
it.

Lots of other packages behave the same way. You'd better drop that pgcc thing,
unless you want to spend 10 times the amount of time you'd be spending on a
simple lfs.

--
-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA