Can't find portmapper sources...

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Tue Sep 5 09:10:24 PDT 2000

( Die, 05 Sep 2000 ) Torsten Vollmann <-- :
> Should there really be nobody out there who can help me? Or is the question
> to wired?
> Torsten Vollmann wrote:
> > Am looking for the rpc-portmapper sources, but am prob. to dumb to find
> > them :-(
> > Where are they hidden?
> > Please help - thanks...

ok, got my DLD sources cdrom out, found the following which might help you:
portmap-4.0-10.src.rpm rpms/untars to
portmap_4 + a portmap.patch
README  1.6 96/05/31 15:52:57 has this information:

Origin and portability
----------------------
The sources in this distribution are derived from code on the second
BSD networking tape, which was derived from Sun's RPCSRC 4.0 code, and
from Sun's TIRPC (transport-independent rpc) distribution.
The code compiles fine with SunOS 4.1.x, Ultrix 4.x, HP-UX 9.x, AIX 3.x
and AIX 4.x, and Digital UNIX (OSF/1). See the notes in the Makefile.
Solaris 2.x (and other true System V.4 clones) use a different program
called rpcbind. I have written a replacement for that program, too.
The primary achive is ftp.win.tue.nl:/pub/security/rpcbind_xx.tar.Z.

Acknowledgements
----------------
Casper H.S. Dik (casper at fwi.uva.nl) provided valuable information on
RPC security and tested an intermediate version of the portmapper with
SunOS 4.1.2.  Lyford D. Rich (rich at ece.nps.navy.mil) was helpful with
porting the daemon to Ultrix 3.x. Lionel Cons (cons at dxcern.cern.ch)
solved the HP-UX problem. Fabrice Gonton (Fabrice.Gonton at sagem.fr)
figured out how to make the program work on AIX 4.1, and Michael
Matthews took care of the DEC Alpha platform.
	Wietse Venema (wietse at wzv.win.tue.nl)
	Mathematics and Computing Science
	Eindhoven University of Technology
	The Netherlands

Sorry, for just copy, am in a hurry at moment.
Erika