Optimisation

Chris Gianelloni twi at faradic.net
Tue Sep 5 09:22:22 PDT 2000

Simon Perreault wrote:

> Shared bash can't be optimized higher than -O2 without segfaulting. I've tested
> it.

Thanks for your answers, Simon.  The problem *was* originating when using a shared bash and running automake/autoconf, perl, or even the perl
Configure script, which made me believe it was something to do with my bash compile, or even the glibc which bash was built against.

As for pgcc, it shouldn't be a problem, as there are entire distributions build with pgcc (Stampede comes to mind) and most of the code is
backported to egcs/gcc.