--bindir

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 5 11:59:33 PDT 2000

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the 2.3.7 and 2.4 books the installation of some packages needs to move
> all
> the binaries from /usr/bin to /bin (fileutils and sed are examples).
>
> The configure script of most packages accept the --bindir option to specify
> where
> the binaries must be installed.

It didn't work for every package. Back when I tested it I didn't have time to
write down which package it would work on and which didn't, so I left it with
the old instructions that are known to work. Then this thing somehow
disappeared from the todo list so I forgot about it...

I just put it back on, so thanks for mentioning it, and I'll be working on it
in due time.

www.linuxfromscratch.org