Adding Static Findutils

root greghill at terranova.net
Wed Sep 6 13:09:07 PDT 2000

Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 02:16:16PM -0400, Greg T Hill wrote:
> >    If a static version of findutils is added before the chroot when
> > building LFS, "find" can be used to log package installations in the
> > chroot environment.
>
> So, do it outside of the chroot, it works the same, i've been doing that for a while now.
>
> -

So have I, but it's double work.  What I have done previously is save the source trees, and
after the system is bootable, rerun make install through installwatch through a package
managent script I've been playing with, which worked wonderfully but was a pain.  What I'm
working on now is a script that calls make install or whatever after creating a time stamp
and then runs find to create the same type log, all from the chroot.

I'll have to try Rod's lfsmake after I get a working 2.4 the old fashioned way.

Greg T Hill

$ ddate
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 30th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3166