Adding Static Findutils

John Arrowwood John.Arrowwood at merant.com
Thu Sep 7 10:02:29 PDT 2000

All this work to figure out what files are installed?  Seems to me that if
you just install to an isolated "prefix" directory, such as
/usr/local/(package) so that EVERYTHING that gets installed goes to that
directory, you would have a complete list of what files that package
installs, relative to the prefix.  Then, by extrapolation, you know what
files go where.  Sounds pretty simple to me, though I must admit that I
haven't done it yet (but it's on my todo list).