Adding Static Findutils

jdinardo at ix.netcom.com jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 8 05:13:24 PDT 2000

Installwatch preloads versions of open , link ... systems functions. This technique can only work if the programs doing the open are NOT statically linked.
Therefore , Installwatch will start to work as soon as you replace
static linked fileutils with dynamically linked fileutils. Fileutils contains
things like cp , mv , install which are the commands causing most of the
output tracked by installwatch. BTW , this program works using the feature
of ldso , glibc which is causing the glibc 2.1.3 security problem.

Jerry Dinardo