M$-Linux (was: What goes with Netscape?)

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Sep 9 22:33:27 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 02:14:30AM +0200, Florin Boariu wrote:
> I had a tarball of some nightly snapshot. That thing was about 10 MB (or
> was it 20) to download. It took almost 3 days to compile on an 200 MMX
> (with interruption -- might have been 30 hrs alltogether) and caused 1.4
> GB (yes, one point four gigabyte) of trash. Which, of course, didn't run.

And this surprises you? Mozilla is almost more complicated then KDE
(there making it cross platform)

Either way Mozilla is getting better every day.

> I'm really looking forward to konqueror (release date of kde2: sometime
> next week), especially because it's been completely translated to romanian
> ;-) [big congrats to Claudiu Costin so far! he'll probably never read this
> posting though]

And there are always more then one option i've found, Konqueror,
Mozilla, Gecko (for a stripped down Mozilla), there's a pure GTK version
also (i hate having to install Gnome or KDE just to run a program),
Netscape, Opera, etc...

> Having to use programs constantly crashing at random was one of the
> reasons I broke up with windows. Unfortunately, that's what I get with
> Netscape...

There are other choices.

> Does the term "banana software" ring a bell?

No.

> What's Blackdown?

Java Plug in for Netscape.

-