M$-Linux (was: What goes with Netscape?)

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Mon Sep 11 12:17:47 PDT 2000

> > what's banana software?
>
> As in, "I know how to spell 'banana,' but I don't know when to stop?"

Oh, sorry. I had some trouble trying to translate the term from german, so
I had to ask a friend for help. It took a while... and it might be not
really accurate.

Banana Software: it gets ripe only together with the end user.

By that is meant all software that claims to be fully functional but still
the user has to be extremely carefull in handling it, i.e. you're only
allowed to use certain features in a certain order or it will segfault, or
you're not allowed to use it at its full theoretical potential or it'll
crash (think of a certain OS having trouble with more than 128 MB RAM), or
try things that it's supposed to handle well, but which sound extreme.

To make it short: it's software that works more by accident than by
quality.

But I like your interpretation alot, too :-)

florin.
--
[...] try this new version instead, which many people believe to
      be the perfect compromise between new and old bugs. :)

	-- announce of ircII 2.9 "roof"