patching in chroot?

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Tue Sep 12 02:41:46 PDT 2000

My Sparc-Installation gets forward, slowly, but it gets ;)

I am trying to instlall findutils in chroot, I get the following errors:
(just the STDERR)

nextelem.c:35: macro `strdup' used without args
make[1]: *** [nextelem.o] Error 1
find.c: In function `main':
find.c:136: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
fstype.c:33: macro `strdup' used without args
fstype.c:34: macro `strstr' used without args
make[1]: *** [fstype.o] Error 1
xargs.c:63: macro `strstr' used without args
xargs.c:64: macro `strdup' used without args
make[1]: *** [xargs.o] Error 1
locate.c: In function `main':
locate.c:360: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libfind.a', needed by
`locate'.  Stop.

I wanted to look what the findiutil-patch does with thos errors, but I
got:
bash-2.04# patch -Np1 < findutils-4.1.patch
patch: **** fseek : Invalid argument

Leaving the -p1-option away it does not give an error (but does not
patch as it can not find the files...

I will patch it outside of chroot, but this makes me wonder if patch
will ever work? (no errors during patch-build)

     Balu