LFSMake 20000912 Released

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 12 11:36:47 PDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Check it out at http://www.sunsetsystems.com/lfsmake.php3.

I'm afraid I have to take a raincheck on that one. I used to test these kind
of things on my spare computer, the notebook, which died a unexpected death a
few days ago. I'm still not sure if I will bring it to Toshiba to get it
repaired or just wait a couple of months and purchase a new system. Either
way, since my normal system is used to perform plain installations of LFS
(plain as in manually "by the book" to test the new book) I don't have much
time or resources on this pc to do a full second installation. Normally I'd
just run it on the spare computer and walk away from it. If it screws things
up, no problem. On this machine I'm more cautious.

So it's not out of distrust or anything like that that I'm not going to try
out LFSMake quite yet, it's just I don't have the spare resources to do it
on.

www.linuxfromscratch.org