/etc/lfsversion

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 12 18:39:26 PDT 2000

The TODO list showed 'discuss /etc/lfsversion'. Let's start that now.

I've been thinking about having the user create a simple file /etc/lfsversion
that contains one line: 2.4
or whatever version of the book was used.

This could make it easier for us to ask what version of the book was used,
especially if the user doens't know anymore, or used more than one version.
We can then work with whatever their /etc/lfsversion contains

This would also be a nice thing for ALFS. It provides us with an easy way to
determine which LFS version has been installed so the ALFS tool will know
what to do if you tell it to 'upgrade to latest version' or something like
that.

www.linuxfromscratch.org