can't make ld.so on ppc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 12 18:43:23 PDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Three answers to that!  The system I am building my LFS from is based
> on 2.2.15pre3 but is actually being booted from 2.2.15pre19.  The kernel
> I have (partially) installed on my LFS system is 2.2.17.

The reason I asked is that the package is having problems with your kernel
headers (the asm ones).

Perhaps you better get rid of whatever is in $LFS/usr/src/linux, download the
2.2.17 kernel (though i haven't tested 2.2.17 yet so if you want to be on the
safe side use 2.2.16 or wait till somebody else here confirms that 2.2.17
works with ld.so) and put that on on your LFS partition. Then enter chroot
again and try ld.so again. It should work now.

www.linuxfromscratch.org