/etc/lfsversion

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 12 18:46:00 PDT 2000

> > I've been thinking about having the user create a simple file
> > /etc/lfsversion that contains one line: 2.4
> > or whatever version of the book was used.
>
> Why not just /etc/version?

LSB is talking about /etc/lsbversion files. So there could be differnet kind
of versions ending up in /etc/. Say you install the LSB profile (yes i know
it's not for this list but should go on alfs-discuss, but it's needed to get
the total picture on this list) you'll have /etc/lsbversion or something that
contains the LSB version that was used. To distinguish between that one and
possible other ones lfsversion is better for clarity.

www.linuxfromscratch.org