crtl-c etc do not work

Avery Fay afay3483 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 19:14:32 PDT 2000

Hello,

After a brief time with FreeBSD and Debian, I'm back with Linux from
Scratch. However, unlike previous installations I'm having a bit of
semi-harmless trouble.

Everything so far has compiled fine so far (I just finished up with
console-tools and data). The problem is ctrl-c ctrl-\ etc do not work.
In fact every ctrl sequence doesn't work except for ctrl-s which does a
scroll lock. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using the latest lfs
(2.4?).

I have looked at the output of stty -a and everything appears fine. I
loaded the us.kmap.gz file using loadkeys thinking that this might help
but it didnt. I've never had a similar problem with lfs before or any
other linux distro. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I'm using
2.4.0test7 kernel. I don't think it's related but it might be.

Thanks in advance,
Avery Fay