TODO list

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 01:50:13 PDT 2000

Plagierized from Gerard Beekmans on Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:36:53PM -0400:
> Hi,
>
> Per request, current TODO and Changelog list:
>
> Changelog:
> 2.5.1 - September 5th, 2000
> * see which packages need a make info&&make info-install in order for the
> info pages to be installed

This should save you some time:

These work without extra effort:
automake, bash, fileutils, gettext, grep, libtool, make, sed, sh-utils,
tar, texinfo, textutils

The following are installed before texinfo:
bison, diffutils, ed, findutils, gcc, m4

Their info can be installed from outside chroot:
install-info $LFS/usr/share/info/????.info $LFS/usr/share/info/dir

Some packages require an info directory entry eg:
install-info -e\
  "* diff: (diff).               Output differences between files"\
  $LFS/usr/share/info/diff.info $LFS/usr/share/info/dir

These add stuff to the /usr/share/info directory, but not to
/usr/share/info/dir:

autoconf:autoconf.info -s "GNU admin"
autoconf:standards.info -s "GNU admin"
bison:bison.info
diffutils:diff.info -e\
"* diff: (diff).                                Output differences between files"
e2fsprogs:libext2fs.info.gz -s Libraries
ed:ed.info -e\
"* ed: (ed)ed invocation.                       line-oriented text editor"
findutils:find.info
gcc:gcc.info
gcc:cpp.info # This worked after gcc.info added
gzip:gzip.info -e
"* gzip: (gzip).                                compress or expand files"
m4:m4.info
util-linux:ipc.info

These did not do anything with info, I do not know if
they should:

bin86, bzip2, console-data, console-tools, file, flex, groff,
ld.so, less, lilo, man, man-pages, mawk, modutils, ncurses,
netkit-base, net-tools, patch, perl, procinfo, procps, psmisc,
shadow, sysklogd, sysvinit

I have read info pages about perl and lilo

I do not have vim on my system, so that needs checking

Serguei Ostrovskii told us about binutils:
  make info
  make install-info

Richard Lightman

Any any one know why this took so long with kernel 2.4.0?
64 octets from 158.152.1.222: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=12460.0 ms
wrong data byte #0 should be 0xa9 but was 0x9d9d 3e bf 39 29 98 2 0
        <8 to 2f in hex>
64 octets from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=255 time=0.0 ms
158.152.1.222 my isp via ppp this time
kernel 2.2.? works fine