TODO list

Serguei Ostrovskii sostrovs at kns.com
Wed Sep 13 07:08:47 PDT 2000

richard at reika.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Plagierized from Gerard Beekmans on Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:36:53PM -0400:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Per request, current TODO and Changelog list:
> >
> > Changelog:
> > 2.5.1 - September 5th, 2000
> > * see which packages need a make info&&make info-install in order for the
> > info pages to be installed
>
> This should save you some time:
>
> These work without extra effort:
> automake, bash, fileutils, gettext, grep, libtool, make, sed, sh-utils,
> tar, texinfo, textutils
>
> The following are installed before texinfo:
> bison, diffutils, ed, findutils, gcc, m4
>
> Their info can be installed from outside chroot:
> install-info $LFS/usr/share/info/????.info $LFS/usr/share/info/dir
>
> Some packages require an info directory entry eg:
> install-info -e\
>   "* diff: (diff).               Output differences between files"\
>   $LFS/usr/share/info/diff.info $LFS/usr/share/info/dir
>
> These add stuff to the /usr/share/info directory, but not to
> /usr/share/info/dir:
>
> autoconf:autoconf.info -s "GNU admin"
> autoconf:standards.info -s "GNU admin"
> bison:bison.info
> diffutils:diff.info -e\
> "* diff: (diff).                                Output differences between files"
> e2fsprogs:libext2fs.info.gz -s Libraries
> ed:ed.info -e\
> "* ed: (ed)ed invocation.                       line-oriented text editor"
> findutils:find.info
> gcc:gcc.info
> gcc:cpp.info # This worked after gcc.info added
> gzip:gzip.info -e
> "* gzip: (gzip).                                compress or expand files"
> m4:m4.info
> util-linux:ipc.info
>
> These did not do anything with info, I do not know if
> they should:
>
> bin86, bzip2, console-data, console-tools, file, flex, groff,
> ld.so, less, lilo, man, man-pages, mawk, modutils, ncurses,
> netkit-base, net-tools, patch, perl, procinfo, procps, psmisc,
> shadow, sysklogd, sysvinit
>
> I have read info pages about perl and lilo
>
> I do not have vim on my system, so that needs checking
>
> Serguei Ostrovskii told us about binutils:
>   make info
>   make install-info
>
> Richard Lightman
>
> Any any one know why this took so long with kernel 2.4.0?
> 64 octets from 158.152.1.222: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=12460.0 ms
> wrong data byte #0 should be 0xa9 but was 0x9d9d 3e bf 39 29 98 2 0
>         <8 to 2f in hex>
> 64 octets from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=255 time=0.0 ms
> 158.152.1.222 my isp via ppp this time
> kernel 2.2.? works fine

Richard,
I think you'd be interested to check http://www.sourceforge.lkams.kernel.org/serial.

This is the primary place where Mr. Tso ( kernel serial driver maintainer ) keeps
his stuff.
Although I didn't try it with 2.4 kernel, it seems to be the full-blown version,
while the serial driver bundled with kernel is kind of 'lite'.
This is actually the patch to kernel sources. Works just fine. And I did read in the

docs that it was written with 2.4 in mind.
HTH

Sergey Ostrovsky.