LFS 2.4 BASH static Build

Richard Bland RBland at PeopleSupport.com
Wed Sep 13 08:35:58 PDT 2000

...and there was much rejoicing.

Yes, that was the solution - I didn't equate -lcurses to the ncurses static
lib (doh!)

Simon Perreault : I recompiled ncurses prior to posting, but that didn't
seem to help (I had to recompile as I toasted my libncurses.so.5.1 with
wild, alcohol induced 'ln -sf' statement')

Thanks

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Noad [mailto:noadie at oxford.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 5:48 AM
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: LFS 2.4 BASH static Build

Rich B wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm trying to build a LFS 2.4 box from an LFS 2.3.7 install, but on trying
to compile the above, I get the attached errors.

I had the same problem. There was no link in /lib from libcurses.a to
libncurses.a.
This worked for me.
cd /lib
ln -s libncurses.a libcurses.a

I don't know if the missing link was from the original install, or from the
fact
that I have been playing with installing ncurses as shared only ;)

Harold Noad