Preparing kernel sources and symlinks.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 13 09:05:15 PDT 2000

> My question: why creating the symlink to '../src/linux/include/asm' and not
> to '../src/linux/include/asm-i386' ? I always used asm-i386 and I
> encountered no problems. Just a question of curiosity.

What if you don't have asm-i386 but asm-sparc or whatever is available? The
intel book isn't meant for intel only based systems. So instead I chose to
use the include/asm symbolic link. The Linux kernel 'make config' process
creates the asm symbolic link which points to asm-i386 asm-ppc or whatever
your system is based on.

www.linuxfromscratch.org