glibc segfault

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 14 11:13:26 PDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> > Hey All,
>
> I'm getting a segfault compiling glibc. I've turned off my -O3 optimise
> switch, but it's still dying. It seems to be dying at the sunrpc compile.
> Do I need this? (compiling for old 486 box destined to be SQL server).

We have seen weird problems when compiler optimizations are used. Since you
build off LFS-2.3.7 you probably have compiled lfs-2.3.7's gcc and binutils
with compiler optimization. It would be wise to reinstall gcc and binutils on
the lfs-2.3.7 system before building the lfs-2.4 system.

You can, if you want, pretend that lfs-2.3.7's gcc version isn't suitable to
build Glibc and install a new copy of gcc in /usr/local/gcc2952 like the book
suggests. Do reinstall Binutils though.

www.linuxfromscratch.org