Changing registrars

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 14 13:01:39 PDT 2000

Hey,

We're in the process of moving linuxfromscratch.org to a new registar (from
register.com to OpenSRS - the registar BC Pub uses) so I gain more control
over my domain DNS wise.

I might loose DNS on the domain for a bit. I just got an email from the old
registar that they have dropped linuxfromscratch.org, though their DNS
servers still contain the DNS entries and register.com is still considered
the authoritative registar for linuxfromscratch.org. I don't know how long
register.com's DNS servers keep the DNS records.

So if DNS dies down email will die down too, though I can still send mail
from shadowfax (the server itself won't go donw, just be hostname-less for a
bit).

shadowfax' IP is: 216.29.174.31
So you can still use IRC, http, and all that stuff by using the IP address.

If all goes well no DNS problems will occur, but I don't have any control
over that situation. We'll just have to cross our fingers (well me mostly)

www.linuxfromscratch.org