Can I use precompiled gcc-libc?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 15 13:08:06 PDT 2000

> I tried to install these from SuSE rpms and Debian debs but neither
> is fooled into installing to $LFS - too smart! I would very much

too smart or too dumb...depends the way you look at it ;)

> appreciate any pointers to binaries if possible or some advice on
> circumventing this problem.

Ok what you can try to do is simply copying the /lib/* files from SuSe to the
LFS partition. You also will have to copy some files form /usr/lib probably
(the static libraries). Don't copy all the files, so you have to do a 'ls
/usr/lib' to see which ones belong to glibc. They have the same names as the
ones in /lib, but just end with a .a extension.
Though conventions vary from system to system, so don't take my word for it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org