glibc segfault

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Sat Sep 16 10:49:23 PDT 2000

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> More information - as much as you can give.  You should do this whenever you
> report a problem.
>
> First off - what version of LFS are you trying to install?  I bet it is an
> old one.  If so, what version of binutils are you using?  You should upgrade
> to binutils-2.10.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy at veldy.net
>
> P.S.  Do you have a Bud for me ?

There's a thread about this in the archives. In short, it's a binutils
problem, and a newer version of binutils fixes it. I had to upgrade
past 2.10. I used binutils-000828. It's a development version (weekly
snapshot, i think) so it's not at the standard download site, and
i don't have the URL anymore but you shouldn't have too much trouble
finding it.

cheers,
sklein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/
Advertising:         To create a desire for something at a certain price