compiler warnings (help)

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Sun Sep 17 08:14:51 PDT 2000

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, oliver-b wrote:

> I`ve been trying to put together my own LFS, and I keep getting compiler
> warnings in GCC, i.e socket.h, invalid pointer type etc...
>
> Are these warnings anything to worry about? Is it still considered a
> sucessful compile, if I get these?

If it compiles with warnings, then there should be no problem. In fact, it's
quite common. But if there is an error and the compilation stops, then it
won't work.

--
-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA