e2fsprogs and ld.so

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 18 18:27:27 PDT 2000

> Does this suggest that we have to install the e2fsprogs again after
> making the LFS system bootable?
> I'm not sure if the installtion is ok.

Yes, it's all ok. Ignored just means it wasn't a fatal thing. It wanted to
run ldconfig to update the /etc/ld.so.cache file that contains a list of
libraries that are present on the system. But since the dynamic loader looks
in /lib and /usr/lib regardless of the fact whether ldconfig or the config
file /etc/ld.so.conf are present, it's not a fatal error in this case.

www.linuxfromscratch.org