LFS

p5kce matthias.dittgen at student.uni-halle.de
Tue Sep 19 06:37:41 PDT 2000

that doesn't solve the problem, because every further chmod won't work,
and i am sure my /etc/passwd and /etc/group files are right!

and the HOSTTYPE var is exported by bash itself usually, and when I ran:
chroot /target bash --login -e script
and script includes:
set

bash prints his whole environment including HOSTTYPE, so it is exported
already, but I can't see the problem...
I can't reproduce what version of chroot my old SuSE distro had,....

I think ALL should have this problem, when trying to install LFS out of
LFS itself, because our LFS system are all the same, as long as we used
the rules from the book!!!

Matthias