LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 19 09:12:28 PDT 2000

> I think ALL should have this problem, when trying to install LFS out of
> LFS itself, because our LFS system are all the same, as long as we used
> the rules from the book!!!

My own system is LFS-2.4 (actually 2.5.1-pre2 at the moment) and I've build
numerous LFS systems using this one as the start. So something might have
gone wrong during your Glibc installation when you started off SuSe or
something. Those things are hard to determine. Like I posted to lfs-config
(or was if lfs-apps - can't remember that right now) try copying the libnss
files from LFS-2.4 to /mnt/lfs/lib

Just don't remove the files when the book tells you to remove old libnss
files, but that should be obvious (and, if you would run the command to
remove libnss files the way the book tells you, the libnss files from a 2.1.3
installation won't be deleted anyways).

www.linuxfromscratch.org