Hang on reboot after installing kernel

Shaggy Im-erbtham shaggy at loxinfo.co.th
Wed Sep 20 06:17:58 PDT 2000

Yes, you are right. It is a 486DX4, 12 MB RAM Not sure of clock speed.
The computer was a cast-away I picked up for the equivalent of US$25
and added a newer VESA I/O card, 6MB HDD and VGA monochrome
monitor). The HDD is the only "new" item, i.e. bought brand-new within
the last 12 months.

So how do I remedy this? Something to do with compiling the kernel?

Shagy