Hang on reboot after installing kernel

Fabio Fracassi Fracassi at t-online.de
Wed Sep 20 06:27:26 PDT 2000

Shaggy Im-erbtham wrote:

> Yes, you are right. It is a 486DX4, 12 MB RAM Not sure of clock speed.
> The computer was a cast-away I picked up for the equivalent of US$25
> and added a newer VESA I/O card, 6MB HDD and VGA monochrome
> monitor). The HDD is the only "new" item, i.e. bought brand-new within
> the last 12 months.
>
> So how do I remedy this? Something to do with compiling the kernel?
Yes, if you use "make menuconfig" one of the first options should read
Processor type and features. Enter that one and adjust Processor family
to the apropiate type (i486)

btw BogoMips are an internal Delay loop the kernel uses,
    you can use it as a kind of benchmark i think because the faster
your CPU
    the higher the value.