Hang on reboot after installing kernel

Shaggy Im-erbtham shaggy at loxinfo.co.th
Wed Sep 20 06:43:54 PDT 2000

I will try again with "make menuconfig"

However, an academic question:  I had used "make oldconfig" which I understand
keeps the old configs. So if the kernel could boot then (old kernel with
old config)
why couldn't it boot now (new kernel with old config)?

Any way, I'll go ahead and recompile with "make menuconfig". I'm shuddering
already....

Thanks all for your inputs.

Shaggy