2.5.1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 20 10:09:16 PDT 2000

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > Couldn't you include nano in LFS? I personally gets the shivers as soon
> > as

> > see a VI clone.

No, I chose for vim and I keep it there. I'm not adding 3 different text
editors, 2 different compilers, 3 different this, etc. That's not what the
book is about. I just give a blueprint and you don't have to follow it.
Nothing is stopping you to pretend you read 'nano' when I write vim. if I now
replace vim with nano people will ask me to replace nano with emacs or pico
or knotepad or ms notepad. I'm not willing to start doing those things. Sorry.

www.linuxfromscratch.org