glibc segmentation fault

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 22 05:21:05 PDT 2000

> I delved into this a bit further and found that the file it is calling,
> /mnt/usr/src/glibc-build/elf/ld-linux.so.2, links to ld.so in the same
> directory.  If I run ld.so in that directory without any parameters, I also
> get "Segmentation fault" so I am assuming that this compiled incorrectly.

Nasty bugger one yes. Ok here's what you can try: Install all packages from
chapter 5 and skip Glibc. then enter chroot and try to compile chroot from
within chroot. You will have to copy the libnss* files from the starting
distro (LFS) by running cp -a /lib/libnss* /mnt/lfs/lib

I don't see how that makes much of a difference, but it never hurts to try.

www.linuxfromscratch.org