stuff (ok, sue me)

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Fri Sep 22 12:58:31 PDT 2000

"Kurt V. Hindenburg" wrote:

> I few comments about this-n-that...(ok, lfs)
>
> My original and continuing problem with /dev/null...yes
> it was because of the way I was mounting the lfs partition.
> If you follow the book exactly you will never have this
> problem...thanks for whoever commented on it...

Don't thank me, thank the man pages :)

> I noticed that when I attempted to reboot my system and
> /mnt/zip (zip-drive) could'nt be umount (do to bash was cd
> to it), that / was not umount...and thus had to be fscked
> on the next boot....  Is there some way to have the script
> stop with an error message or something?  Should be a way
> to do this...

There is, but you shouldn't need to. Your shutdown scripts should kill
all processes before unmounting the filesystems. Or... umount(8) lists
the `-r' switch which attempts to remount readonly if unmounting fails.

cheers,
sklein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/
Advertising:         To create a desire for something at a certain price