path

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Fri Sep 22 19:10:12 PDT 2000

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Andrei Marinescu wrote:
> I would like to know how I can change the default path because there is
> no profile or bashrc.
> Thank you

$ vi ~/.bash_profile
PATH="<path>:<path2>:...:<pathn>"
export PATH
:wq
$ cd
$ ln -s .bash_profile .bashrc
$ . .bash_profile

If you didn't understant this, please begin be reading some basic howto's and
guides at www.linuxdoc.org.

--
-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA