Netkit

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Sep 25 14:26:19 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:23:53PM +0000, Kyle West wrote:
> What I'd be interested in knowing is what happened to the additional
> software info?  I have accessed the linuxdoc.org page several times in the
> last couple weeks because they have LFS 2.2, with additional networking
> info, X and window manager installation..  Is it going to be coming back in
> a future version, or would it be a viable project for someone besides Gerard
> (any volunteers?  perhaps I would do it...) to start up a 2nd how-to to add
> goodies to an LFS install?  I realize that a lot of how-to's are already out
> there for misc software, but in my own attempts at customizing LFS, there
> doesn't seem to be a very comprehensive one-place document.  Just finding
> out what a window manager was took me several hours of surfing.

This was discussed _extensivily_ on this mailing-list not too long ago.
(ok maybe a few months ago :)

The LFS InfoSys is what your after...it will interface with a MySQL
database and PHP (right? that was the "preferred choice") allthough it's
nothing has been done yet (Gerard will speak up) that i know of, minus
whatever Gerard was working on.....

Have patience and as Simon is now maintaning the LFS-Hints you can
always rewrite them into hints and let Simon know...

Anyways, as always if your interested just speak up...

-